Monday, September 26, 2011

1 Month

Hello again... I have been in DC for just over a month and am loving it. The time seems to be flying by and there is so much to see. I got my library card last week and am enjoying the huge network of libries in the area. I am also exploring the many parks in DC over the weekends and spending time learning the area around each of them as well as reading a book and watching the activities around me. A few weeks ago a 6 person brass band showed up at one of the parks I was visiting and played for 5 hours straight. The music was great and it drew in a large crowd of spectators. I have also begun planning short trips to nearby attractions such as the National Zoo and Great Falls Park. The weather has cooled off slightly but it is still getting into the 80's a few times per week. Fall is taking its sweet time getting hear which is fine since I am still waiting for UPS to pay me back for damaging my road bike. I am starting to miss my family and friends but Skype has proven to be a great way to stay connected with people back home. I also attended a potluck on Saturday and met many other young adults volunteering and working in the DC area. I look forward to meeting them again so I can develop new friendships. Lastly thank you all for your prayers and support. I greatly appreciate them and leave you with this small bit of wisdom in return.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart.” -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment